Thursday, March 6, 2014

Stuart 100 Year

Elaine,

I looked at the Stuart web and it looks like they are starting with events already 

Here are a few things to look at.....

1. I think you are looking for SOCIAL MEDIA Support. I will do that and get this moving. I will post the package to D8 Facebook, Sailangle, Twitter and generate a blog where I will put data that I think may help.

2. I think you are looking for ideas from others on what you could do
  • to help promote your squadron at the Stuart 100 Year ( May 7)
  • to promote the USPS 100 year
  • to promote D8 75 year
  • to promote SLRPS 50 year
  • safe boating education in general
3. The idea about If your pet wears a PFD, shouldn't you, too? is a good one. The idea about asking for input from the local kids could be promoted during the event. I suggest you make it a sign up program to get the kids and parents into the mix. Make this a long range push maybe for the year. It starts at the show and continues to December. Some of the basic guideline are posted on the national website on HOW TO do a poster contest. Have the theme be just what you defined as the idea. Let the kids make you posters to help you get the message across to adults in the community. This poster contest should have an award presentation ...possibly at the Fall Conference in Boca or at another time you decide is more appropriate. When you are done with the contest get the local library to post them on the walls. PS make sure the kids include www.slrps.org in the art somewhere.


YOu could...

  • Decorate your booth

  1. w/ photos of pets in PFDs 
  2. 100 Year USPS art
  3. District 8 75 Year art
  4. Art work of the website sites...USPS, D8 and SLRPS
  • Feature members and pets in PFDs
  • Sell pet PFDs 
  • Promote the youth pet pfd poster contest.

4. At the show bring up safe boating week. Consider educating those  who come about Safe Boating Week.   May 17 - May 23, 2014

5. Get some of your boating photos...old or new ....on the 100 Year photo gallery.
Bob
PS After you have read this call me and I will go over it with you so you make sure I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment